|Power engineers-2nd class|
|Kapuskasing, Ontario, Canada|
ROLE: How you contribute to Rayonier AM
Assist the Shift Engineer with the day-to-day operation of the plant’s steam, wood waste and effluent treatment systems.
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
* Education: Diploma of vocational studies (DVS) or equivalent
* Certification: Stationary Engineer ticket, must have a 2nd Class
* Experience: Knowledge of natural gas and wood fired steam boiler systems, familiarity with system computer interfacing
and PLC systems, ability to ensure the safe and efficient operation of a wood waste boiler plant, knowledge of waste
* Language: English
CONDITIONS: Compensation and hours
* Wages: $ 29.26 to $ 36.16 per hour as per CA
* Hours: 40 per week
* Shift work: Continuous rotating 12 hour shifts.
Kapuskasing operations include the newsprint mill with some 350 employees, sawmill with 125 employees,
and a forest management operation with 100 employees.Planned as a model town, Kapuskasing is a bilingual community with a population of close to 10,000 that serves a number of smaller nearby communities. Housing costs in Kapuskasing are about a third of the Ontario average, and the area boasts good schools and health care.The area appeals to outdoor enthusiasts and offers many recreational activities – especially boating, fishing and hunting.
Would you like to apply to this job?