|ROLE: How you contribute to Rayonieram / RYAM
Work within a team to perform mechanical maintenance on mill equipment. Fabricate, install and repair mechanical equipment, provide analysis and evaluate breakdowns and major repairs. You need to be safety-conscious, energetic, and able to understand your role in our team.
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
- Education: College diploma and/or successful completion of Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) diploma.
- Experience: Mechanical experience is an asset.
- Language: Bilingualism is an asset.
CONDITIONS: Compensation and hours
- Wages: as per CA starting $22.03
- Hours: 40 per week
- Shift work: Monday-Friday days with potential of Weekend On-Call Rotation
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at Rayonieram / RYAM
- Live up to our values, principles and guidelines.
- Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing to our positive work environment.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, applicable regulations and laws, as well as our collective agreement.
SETTING & LIFESTYLE: What to expect at the site and in the region
- Rayonieram / RYAM Kapuskasing operations include the newsprint mill with some 350 employees, a sawmill with 125 employees, and a forest management operation with 100 employees.
- Planned as a model town, Kapuskasing is a bilingual community with a population of close to 10,000 that serves a number of smaller nearby communities.
- Housing costs in Kapuskasing are about a third of the Ontario average, and the area boasts good schools and health care.
- The area appeals to outdoor enthusiasts and offers many recreational activities – especially boating, fishing and hunting.