|Kapuskasing, Ontario, Canada|
ROLE: How you contribute to Rayonier AM
Assist the Shift Engineer with the day-to-day operation of the plant’s steam, wood waste and effluent treatment systems.
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
* Education: Diploma of vocational studies (DVS) or equivalent
* Certification: Stationary Engineer ticket, must be willing to work towards upgrading your license. Assistance is provided.
* Experience: Knowledge of natural gas and wood fired steam boiler systems, familiarity with system computer interfacing
and PLC systems, ability to ensure the safe and efficient operation of a wood waste boiler plant, knowledge of waste
* Language: English
CONDITIONS: Compensation and hours
* Wages: $ 29.26 to $ 36.16 per hour as per CA
* Hours: 40 per week
* Shift work: Continuous rotating 12 hour shifts.
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at Tembec
* Live up to Tembec’s values, principles and guidelines.
* Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing to our positive work environment.
* Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, applicable regulations and laws, as well as our collective
SETTING & LIFESTYLE: What to expect at the site and in the region
* Tembec’s Kapuskasing operations include the newsprint mill with some 350 employees, sawmill with 125 employees,
and a forest management operation with 100 employees.
* Planned as a model town, Kapuskasing is a bilingual community with a population of close to 10,000 that serves a
number of smaller nearby communities.
* Housing costs in Kapuskasing are about a third of the Ontario average, and the area boasts good schools and health
* The area appeals to outdoor enthusiasts and offers many recreational activities – especially boating, fishing and hunting.
Would you like to apply to this job?