|Rochester, New York|
We are seeking a highly skilled, team-oriented civil/structural engineer to join our growing company. In this position, you will oversee engineering and technical aspects of our projects to assure the highest level of accuracy and quality. You will prepare, schedule, coordinate, and monitor assigned engineering projects, complying with applicable codes, practices, performance standards, and specifications. Working directly under a PE, you will get an opportunity to wear many hats! The company will help you advance both with experience and education in hopes that you can be a signing authority sooner rather than later.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare, schedule, coordinate, and design all assigned projects
• Develop project basis of design
• Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
• Formulate realistic parameters for each project, including design elements and implementation procedures
• Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends, recommending actions.
• Maintain compliance with local and federal codes
• Represent clients and the company in the field
• Communicate effectively with Professional Engineer and other project participants in order to provide needed assistance and technical support
• Review engineering deliverables; initiate appropriate corrective actions throughout the project lifecycle
• Clearly report on project status to management and clients
• Represent clients at town meetings, as needed
• Establish the methods by which all field tests are administered and develop various ways to monitor the quality of those tests
• Work collaboratively within project team to ensure deadlines and budgets are met for each project being managed
Requirements and Qualifications:
• BS/BA degree in Civil/Structural Engineering is mandatory
• 5 or more years of relevant experience is ideal
• Someone who aspires to get their P.E. license or someone who recently received it
• Working knowledge of common drafting and analytical software, software such as AutoCAD (knowledge of Revit, RISA, and Civil 3D)
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with Engineering Code of Standard Practice
• Working knowledge of site plan design; including storm water analysis, grading, and erosion control
• Basic structural analysis to design steel, wood, and concrete structures
• Aptitude for working collaboratively with multiple disciplines within teams and projects
• Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship (company is not able to sponsor at this time)
• Valid Driver’s License is required
About Meagher Engineering:
We are a full-service engineering firm, offering services in construction engineering, construction inspection, structural design and drafting, forensic analysis of failures, condition surveys, restoration, repair, reports, and preparation of shop drawings. We offer the "Total Project" concept by providing clients guidance from conceptual design through construction services and special inspection. Meagher Engineering has been offering the highest quality of service in New York, Wyoming, and New Mexico for over 20 years.
Meagher Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Would you like to apply to this job?