|Business Valuation VP - Oil and Gas|
|Business Valuation Vice President - Oil & Gas
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
The Company is a highly collaborative team of financial experts with a singular focus on private equity. Their core mandate is to serve as trusted partners to these elite investment professionals and their management teams in situations requiring sophisticated valuation advice and transaction due diligence insight. They do so in a manner that allows them to realize their own highest and best use as investors and fiduciaries.
The Company provides valuation and business advisory services to a broad range of clients, serving public and private businesses, private equity firms and venture investors, hedge funds, law firms, and high net worth individuals. They specialize in matters involving tax and financial reporting compliance, mergers, acquisitions, and other financial transactions; due diligence and decision support; and litigation, investigations, and other disputes.
The firm has grown from four to approximately 25 people. They perform valuation engagements for a variety of purposes. The bulk of their work is concentrated in financial reporting, tax reporting, and fiduciary opinions.
The Company operates in an open office located in the River North (RiNo) area, one of Denver’s hippest neighborhoods. RiNo has seen unprecedented expansion in the form of commercial buildings, apartment complexes, restaurants, and bars. In 2019, AEG opened The Mission Ballroom, a state-of-the-art concert venue in the area.
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY?
• Join a rapidly expanding firm with blue-chip clients
• Manage and expand portfolio valuation service line focused on oil & gas
• Deliver work for multi-billion dollar PE and Hedge Fund clients
• Near-term equity potential
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
• Oversee valuation engagements and assume responsibility for all aspects of client deliverables. Valuation product responsibilities center on equity and debt instrument valuations of working interests in oil and gas exploration & production under ASC 820.
• Support private equity and operating company clients as the main point of contact.
• Lead the planning, preparation, and construction of engagement proposals.
• Report and present valuation conclusions.
• Mentor, train and evaluate senior and junior team members.
• Contribute to firm thought leadership, model redevelopment, and other strategic projects.
• Identify new business opportunities and foster long-term business relationships.
• Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
• 4 to 6 six years of experience (ideally) performing ASC 820 valuations with a focus in oil & gas, at an accounting firm, valuation boutique or investment bank
• Demonstrated experience in complex financial modeling, analysis, and business valuation in Financial Reporting context
• Past management and team-building experience would be ideal
• Excellent written communication skills
• Excellent research, organizational, and project management skills
Would you like to apply to this job?